Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's Been A Long Time Since I Blogged About Work

So I realized that I used to blog about work a lot, and I haven't lately. A lot of that is do exit of a certain coworker. We'll call her Bibba. To get you up to speed, the business was sold, Bibba left, new bosses came in.

Now along with that came a whole list of headaches. Here's the equation 2 bosses + 1 employee + plus inexperience of the bosses + 1 employee doing the work of Bibba, employee, and everything else + bosses not listening to the advice of employee that has been doing the job a lot longer = 10x

After solving the equation, we find that x=a living hell at work.

I don’t mean to sound negative so let’s focus on a good thing that happened last week. I got a coworker! He's very hot, and very charming...he's 18. Either way, it's good to have someone again, and we have an instant bond because we're the worker ants, and worker ants stick together.

I don't think I'll have as funny of stories as I did with Bibba. They were some of the best. It reminds me of the time she told me when I was married I should go to a strip club just to see what they're all about. One day I will write a book about all of the Bibbaisms.

Anyway, I have a few laughs with my 18-year old. He asked me last week why I always work so hard. He told me I should become an actress. He told me I look like a high school principal/teacher. Then the icing on the cake, we had our corporate developer at work today. He came in my office and told me she was hot for a person her age (45 years old). I didn’t quite catch what he said next, but I’m pretty sure he told me I was hot too, but he was amazed because she was older.

It’s good to have a coworker again.

1 comment:

leslie said...

you're one of the only people i know who can make these dumb office jobs sound fun. i wish we were coworkers!