Sunday, August 17, 2008

Just A Spoon Full of Sugar Helps the Medicine Go Down

Last month I was up in NYC, and some friends and I saw the Mary Poppins the Musical. It was a really good show, and I enjoyed it a lot. So I was listening to the music a few weeks ago, and I realized that Mary Poppins and I are kind of similar. No, I'm not a British Nanny that takes care of misbehaved children. However we do have something in common as far as names go. I noticed that people often refer to her as Mary Poppins. I find this happens with me as well. There are a large number of people that refer by my first and last name. They do it when greeting me, and then throughout our conversation. It's an interesting phenomenon as most of them have done it independently of each other. I'm not sure why, but it happens.

1 comment:

B.B. Woolf said...

That's similar to me but I just get 'ms. brynn'. No last name just a title and my first name. oh well.