Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Don't Mean To Toot My Own Horn...

So the apartment building I live in is doormen on duty 24 hours a day. I love all of the doorman and guys that work downstairs. I have a lot of fun with them. In fact two of them the other day invited me to their rap fight. They were joking, but the one had asked me if I had any Biggie or Eminem on my IPOD. I said no, as that is way old school, but I don't think they realize that I have a secret love for rap and the hip hop culture, but I digress.

So all these doormen range in all sorts of different ages. There are younger ones a little younger than me, and then there are some old enough to be my grandpa.

Recently I feel like there's this secret game of who can get in Laura's pants. OK, so it's not that serious, but I do have several admirers. Plus if they were playing that game with, the only getting in my pants is a party where all would have the opportunity to try on my pants.

1. The first one is the guy that took me to the hospital when I blew my face off. He is definitely too old for, but he was interested to know if I called my boyfriend to let him know that I was in the hospital. He also passively tried to get me to take a dance class with him. One of the maintenance guys was teasing him one day while talking to me because he thought he was trying to impress me.

2. Another one of the guys (he's a doorman/maintenance man. Some of them rotate posts) kept asking questions to find out whether or not I was single and informative questions. I must admit that I was excited because I had a mini crush on him. One day, he finally asked for my number. Sadly, we still haven't gone out. I was out of town for a few weeks, and I guess maybe he lost interest. I'm too nervous to ask him why we never went out.

3. The next guy is one that I see all the time during the day when I'm downstairs doing laundry. It's like he just woke up one day and realized how beautiful I am. He referred to me as beautiful one day, and the next day he decided that we had never properly met (this isn't true, but I'm used to meeting people several times and not remembering that they met me. It's one of the curses of having a good memory.) He treats me very well now and always engages in conversation which he never did before. He also enjoys teasing me. I'm kind of intrigued my him.

4. The last one I'm not sure about. He just started yesterday. He's really tall and kind of dorky, but I'm a sucker for dorky. I don't really know him enough yet so I don't know for sure his style. However, he winked at me several times today when I was walking by. Like I said, I don't know him well enough so I'm not sure the purpose for his wink. It's kind of cute because it's an odd wink, but I can't place my finger on why. It just seems kind of random , and there's nothing provoking the winking (except of course extremely good looks, warm inviting smile, and my sexy hello.) I'll see how this winking progresses; I could just be getting a head of myself.


Either way, I find myself feeling pretty good about myself when I fraternize with the building workers.


But Seriously, can you blame them?

No comments: