Friday, January 16, 2009

At 5 In The Morning, People Walking To The Bathroom, On The Train, Look Drunk And Confused

This is what I observed as a I took am Amtrak train from NY's Penn Station to DC's Union Station at 3AM last Saturday. This was my return train to my home, and I'm now living in Virginia again.

Anyone that reads my blog regularly knows that I had been living in NYC working as a nanny. I haven't written too much about the actual position, but let's just say it was horrible. Once I got used to it, I enjoyed the city life, but I hated my position. So when I was home over Christmas, I really thought about what would be the best option for me. If anyone has ever seen my decision making style, you would know that it's a most stressful event for all involved. In the end, I decided that I needed to remove myself from the situation. So when I got back, I gave my notice on Monday January 5, 2008. I told them that I would stay until the 23rd of January or the 30th at the latest. Well last Thursday, the 8th, my boss told me that they found a temporary person, and I could leave on Friday, and that is how I found myself on a 3AM train headed to DC.

So now I'm back in Virginia. I miss the city a bit, and maybe I'll get a chance to return one day, but this is where I am for now. I'm back in the job search and living at my parent's house again (hopefully temporarily). I'm beginning to sense a pattern with myself.

1 comment:

namyersfam said...

Hey Laura! At least you don't have to dread waking up every morning and working at a job you hate. That just makes life, which is hard enough, even more difficult. You want to come live in California with us?