Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Room with a View....




So I recently got a new job. With this job came new adult responsibilities, something I've been fighting since college. I think am now ready to accept them more fully in my life, but I digress. With this new job, I got my very OWN office! It's all mine........ and the landlord's.

I have worked there for almost three weeks now and not until today did it hit me that it was my own office. From day one, I have thought of it as the the last guy's office. I was careful to keep things how I found them. I constantly pranced around on my tippy toes so as not to bother what was not mine.



Well I'm here, today, to tell you my friends, it MY office! Today I gave it an extreme makeover. Okay, maybe not extreme, but I did move some things around and made it my own. The old set up made me feel really cramped, which is crazy because my office is bigger than my bedroom. I now have plenty of room. It feels more like home. I am even thinking of bringing a bed and never leaving the office.

I think it's time to get an office plant.


2 comments:

leslie said...

i have a story. a couple years ago, a company i was working for sent me to Oceanside CA for a couple months. i was there to run an office that they were starting up and housing would be set up for me. due to some last-minute budget rearrangements, they asked if they could stick me in the office they were working out of, which was actually a condo. i would get an extra X amount of dollars per month if i agreed. so of course i agreed. i thought it would be awful but it was AWESOME!!! during down time i could fix myself a fabulous meal or watch a movie or take a bath or whatever. there was zero commute time. i was alone during the day but the salesmen would stop by each morning and night- my office/house was like the little social center. and because i was living there it took me like zero time to feel like it was mine, instead of the last guy's, so i got straight to work decorating it however i wanted to. i seek to once again, at some point in my life, work out of my home... or... live at my office. either way would be fine.

Sokphal said...

While I'm busy making copies, faxing, answering phones and emailing (my friends)...you are doing this...so jealous! Curses for having a desk in the front!