Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hot Hot Hot

So I spent some time in the ER tonight. I was preparing to cook dinner, and the stove that my employers have is very old. You have to light it. Well when I lit it, the flame came back in my face.

I'm doing well. I only have first degree burns. It's possible that my index finger and thumb could have second degree. I'm struggling to type this. I had two freaked out kids mainly due to the burnt hair smell. My mother had to chuckle because the first thing I did was run to a mirror to see if I had eyebrows. I have to go back Friday to make sure it doesn't get worse. I mainly look like I got a bad sunburn, plus a little bit of singed eyebrow and part of my hair. I actually looked quite frazzled on the ends. After I showered, I realized it wasn't too bad. I was really nervous because my hair is already thin, and I lost a few chunks. My eye lashes are shorter, and I did lose a bit of eyebrow. The worst part is last night I did some long overdue plucking. The brow that got burnt the most was the one that got a little over plucked. Had I known I would burn them off, I would have skipped the
plucking.

I got in and out of the hospital fairly quick. I was nervous because the emergency room was packed. One of our building workers took me and stayed with me the whole time. I got all the good gossip on our door men and maintenance men.

All, and all, I'm doing amazingly well. My hair still smells, and my fingers are killing me. I'm icing up and have ointment (though the ointment looks like I rubbed Vaseline all over my face). I think my face will be fine, and my hair will grow back. I was extremely blessed.

4 comments:

2nd said...

I'm sorry! That's no fun! I'm glad the building worker stayed with you, that was nice. I hope you documented with pictures, even if you don't want to post them here. For bragging or posterity or reminiscing or whatever.

Jewels Rules said...

first of all oh my heck.. I'm so glad you are ok though.. I think that this is one post you probably should a picture with though I mean come on Marvs.. I'm really glad you are ok..

Julie said...

LC! Glad you're ok. Stop lighting your face on fire, please. And lets go get pinkberry to balance out the burns. :)

leslie said...

you. always trying to be a superhero. i'm glad you're ok!