Thursday, August 16, 2007

I don't get it.



I work in the staffing industry, and I help find people jobs. Above is what we call an I9. It proves that a person is eligible to work in the United States. I have filled countless numbers of the forms out. On the back there are several different documents that will prove your identity and your eligibility. The past couple of days I've been thinking about one in particular. It is known as the Permanent Resident card. First off, the pictures on there always look ridiculous. I can't really describe it; you would have to see it. But here is the part that gets me. I write down the document title, issuing authority, and the number. Then I write down the expiration date.

So what I don't get. If it's a Permanent Resident Card, why is there an expiration date?

No comments: