Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Ribbit!



I used to be somewhat of a picky eater. I wouldn’t try anything new. I kind of just stuck to what I knew. I’ve noticed that in the last year, I’ve shed that habit. I am more willing to try new things and open myself up to a world of options. The surprising part is I’ve actually liked a lot of what I’ve eaten. I’ve come to the point where I will try almost anything at least once.

So about a month ago, I was at a restaurant in Reston. I was going to order the frog legs and was quite excited. Well as it turns out, they were out of frog legs. I was very disappointed. Then this past Monday I was telling someone this story and how I am willing to try most things. Well last night, I went to dinner with the boss and her husband, and the temp and her husband, and much to my surprise, frog legs were on the menu! I was so excited, but very nervous that I would be disappointed again. When the waiter came, I timidly ordered fully expected him to say no. I was wrong. They had them! I got to taste my first ever frog legs.

After I was finished I was so excited, and wanting to share in my joy sent a MASS text. As people were replying I was very amused by the varying responses, and I thought I would post them all anonymously today*.

-I pity the next man to kiss you!
-Where?! I ate some in Thailand!
-Yuk!
-Taste like chicken?
-Eww! Nasty!!
-What? That’s amazing! Why would you do that to yourself? Poor frog.
-Congratulations!
-Good for you. How did they taste?
-Yuck!
-Nice well you are well diverse in French cuisine now
-Just like Scott
-Yummy
-Nice! Was it like Chicken?
-Ah rabbit!
-Gross! Why?
-Hmm that don’t sound good to me. Steak for me.
-Are you being adventurous?
-Haha good job! Tasty?
-Taste like seaweed and chicken huh?
-Boney?
-What are you a black person from the south now?
-Frog legs are a common snack food. Next try eel backbones
-Frog legs That’s awesome!
-Did it taste like chicken?
-Yummy! Save some for me : )
-Yay! What an accomplishment!
-I can’t believe you ate frog legs? Yuck….
*Some of these were from the same people after a response was given.




And my synopsis, yes they did taste like chicken, with a slight hint of fish, or as one responder said, “seaweed”. Would I eat them again? Yes, they were delicious!

5 comments:

leslie said...

How much moolah do you spend on texting charges? ;P

leslie said...

i just found a restaurant in dc that serves grasshopper tacos!!

i am totally holding you to your word, missy. oh you will "try anything once," will you? name the day and i'll be there.

Ms.LMC said...

I'm there, and PS I read the same blog...

leslie said...

how does it look like rabbits? do you think the feet look like ears?

Ms.LMC said...

Maybe I will try rabbits ears next. Sounds good!