Monday, August 20, 2007

Self Discovery

The older I get the more I learn about myself. I was talking to a friend a few weeks ago, and they made a comment that made me think. They said that I don't trust new people. After thinking about this and asking the person what they meant, I realized it's true. I don't do very well with new people, not that I'm not friendly to them, but I don't really let them into my circle.

So as I thought about this, I realized that once I trust a person, I let them in whole heartedly. I am pretty free with things that I will tell them, which can be a dangerous thing. Although I also have different levels of trust. Some people I will definitley share with more than others, but they have earned it.

Now on the flipside I've realized lately, once a person's done something to lose that trust it's very hard to get it back.

Maybe I'm a jerk, but that's me.

1 comment:

leslie said...

I'm certainly glad that you have a blog; otherwise we may lose contact. I find there are far too few forms of communication left in this world.