Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Kenny, you take me back...

Kenny Cheney has a song called I Go Back; in it he says the line"



We all have a song that some how stamped our lives
Takes us to another place and time



I have thought about that line often and how true it is. I find in my life it doesn't necessarily take me to a place in time. Instead, I find that different songs take me to different people. So I made a list of songs and the people they remind me of. Every time I hear these songs, I am reminded of the people who have or are currently in my life.


Hero-Hot Dan

When You Say Nothing At All-Kole

My Baby and The Christmas Shoes –Elsie

The Way You Make Me Feel-Katrina's dad

Taking it Home -Matt

More Than a Feeling-Jason

Bad Day-Melanie

Check Yes or No-Nathan

Sailing Away-Janae and Elsie

Lady in Red-Greg

All I Ask of You-Grant

Wash that Man Right Out of my Hair-Silvia

My Hips Don't Lie-Luisa

Pachabel's Canon-Stefanee

YMCA-Lauren, Lauren, Stephanie, Sarah, Marcelle

Bohemian Rhapsody and Cheeseburger in Paradise-Lauren

I Want it That Way-Carter

Seasons of Love-Lauren and Lauren and Tommy

I Need to Know-Guitar Boy

What about Love and All Out of Love-Elissa

Lucky-Scott and Jeremy

Duke of Earl-Christina


There really are a whole lot more, but it fear of boring you, I won't. I will say that I am going to see Kenny in concert at the end of this month, and he better sing my song.

3 comments:

leslie said...

i like the new blog format! also, you better think of me every time you hear "walk it out..."

and many others... :)

Ms.LMC said...

Oh don't worry, I will always think of you when that song comes off.

Ms.LMC said...

Oops! Meant to say comes on.