Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's Almost Here!

My friends, Fall is almost here. I can feel it just around the corner. One probably couldn't guess it by the warm weather, but there have been two signs recently...OK maybe three, but the other one isn't as exciting.

1. Halloween Candy is in the stores. So this has been there since like the beginning of August. It doesn't make me excited, but it is a sign.

2. I was in a craft store the other week and they had Fall decorations and crafts. I love just walking through the aisles and looking at all the stuff.

3. There's a story that accompanies the 3rd reason so let me set it up for you. So there is an Italian Ice/Custard place near my parents. My mom signed my brother and me up for the mailing list . It was a joke at first, but I actually look forward to their daily email. I've only been there twice, but with the email it makes me always want to go. It shows the flavors of the day and the special flavor of the season. They will have one flavor for a period of time that goes with the time of year. They recently ended cotton candy (still sad that I missed it.) Last week their Fall flavor came out, Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream! I love all things pumpkin pie so I'm stoked to try it.

So there it is, Fall is upon us. It's my favorite season for many reasons, and I'm excited for the weather to cool down so I can welcome it in full.

2 comments:

2nd said...

Hot Cup was equally excited about the Pumpkin Pie Italian Ice. And with good reason, it is very yummy!

Hot Cup said...

A joke?! You need to take your Italian ice more seriously, missy!