Wednesday, September 17, 2008

There Comes A Time When Every Dedicated Blogger Reaches This Point

So I finally reached my 100th post. Okay, that's not true. This is really 105, and if we want to get technical, there were others. Some of them got deleted.

Anyway, leading up to the big 100, I thought of what I could write. I had many ideas. However, 100 came and went.

So I want to pay homage to my 105th post because it contains some good stuff.

So if you haven't noticed, I don't really like my job. In fact anyone that I've been in close contact with since graduating from college knows I've struggled with the working word. From what I hear and see, it's normal for people my age. We just don't commit to things, and we don't' really know what we want in life.

I went to college, and then when I graduated, I took the next step in life, joined the working world. That's what you're supposed to do. I've had a hard time with this. It's expected that you get a "good" job, and work on your career. What if I didn't go to college for the money? Maybe I went to just learn. I've been a firm believer in following after what you want to do. So what if you went to college, and your dream is to be a cashier at Hallmark. Just do what you love to do.

My problem has been figuring out what I want to do. I realized that my dreams were not necessarily career related. I do have some career goals, but they are not for right now and require more school. Many of my goals are not job related at all. However, the past three years, I've stuck with what's expected of me. It's all about the "career move". Well I've decided to forget about that aspect at this point in life. Life is not all about career.

So in two weeks, I'm making a huge change to follow a dream. I've dreamed of living in NYC for the past few years, and it's about to become a reality. I'm packing up the diploma for an umbrella and a large bag. (That's a Mary Poppins reference.) I'm going to be a nanny on the Upper East Side! I'm totally stoked, free housing, good pay, a chance to live my dream!

5 comments:

2nd said...

Congratulations on your 105th post and on your big change!!

Sokphal said...

I LOVE it! That’s awesome!!! Very happy for you and congrats on the position! You should name your blog “the Nanny Diaries”! Pack some cute boots too with that umbrella---fall/winter is a comin’!

B.B. Woolf said...

Congrats! I like it. You will be great! Yay for new adventures!

Robyn said...

Wow! Good luck with it! Props to you for just going for it! It takes a lot of guts and doesn't always turn out like we thought it would, but it's always worth the lessons we learn. Ok, that sounded more cheesy than planned. Good luck and keep us all updated!

Chris and Katina said...

Have you ever worked at Hallmark?