Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Sales Pitch

*Just another reason why I hate my job. I hope it doesn't get too old especially for my good roommate that listens to all my venting.

So one of my many duties at work is to make sales calls. I hate it because I'm a terrible sales person, but I do it because I have no choice. Often times we follow-up our sales calls with an email or letter and brochure in the mail.

Well last week I spoke to a lady over the phone, and she asked me to mail her some information about our company. I was getting everything together with the brochure and typed up a fantastic letter. I told my boss the lady wanted me to send some stuff, and she told me to put a letter in. That was the first thing that annoyed me. Yes, I've been here a year and a half; I know how to send out mailers.

I stamped the envelope and put it out for the mail. A little bit later, my boss waltzed into my office and gave me a letter she typed up to mail out. Without her noticing, I took the envelope with my letter and replaced it with her letter.

I laugh now, but at the time I was ticked off. I'm not sure my boss realizes I'm capable of writing a business letter. I wrote a ton in college, and I've been doing it here for a while!

2nd, I think you right. It's time for some managerial classes.

Oh, and I saved my letter in my purse so I could admire my craftsmanship. My letter was so much better.

2 comments:

2nd said...

I hope you still sometimes do a little dance when you walk into your office :)

You'll have to show me sometime. Is it like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2eMuOUzEuU

Ms.LMC said...

I still do a little jig when I walk in my office. Nothing can stop my love of busting a move. My boss even saw me one time as I was leaving to go to the bathroom...oops.

And sometimes, my dancing may resemble the video. Most of the time it's some sort of break dancing move.