Wednesday, March 14, 2007

And the winner is...




Well my friends, I've been going through a phase where I try new things and accomplish goals. In an attempt to be something since graduating college, I have decided to join a group. They tell you its good for you to join clubs and do group activities, so I am going to try it out.

Tuesday night, I went to my first meeting of Toastmasters. Yes my friends, I said Toastmasters. As a Toastmaster, I am going to learn to be the world's greatest speaker.

How do I know that, you ask? This is how the meeting went. People give some prepared speeches....eat snacks...then table topics. Table topics is a way to get members better at impromptu speeches. They give you a topic, and they have to stand and speak for a certain amount of time. Because I was a guest, I didn't have to, but they gave me the option. I took the challenge and did a fantastic job. At the end they voted on various things, and I won best table topic speech. Yes, Me, I won!!!! And I won my very own ribbon.



If you'll notice the white ribbon on the right, yes that's ribbon I now own. I won a ribbon, and I'm not even an official member yet.

So back to being the best speaker in the world. As a Toastmaster, you have the ability to qualify for various competitions, which can lead all the way up to an international level. My goal is to make it that far, and thus be crowned the world's greatest speaker.

Maybe they will let me wear the red jacket like my buddy Ken.


No comments: