Monday, March 5, 2007

What happened to Mario Kart?

So growing up as the only girl in my house, I've spent a lot of times with the boys. Don't get me wrong, I'm down with Barbies and Polly Polly Pocket, but when you mention the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Ghostbusters, I think about the proton pack that I always wanted and never got, but lets not talk about the toys that I never got, it only brings up painful memories.


(not the actual proton pack, just merely a picture of a Bill Murray doll with a proton pack)

As I was saying, I can roll with the boys. However, the one thing that I've never really been able to jump onto was the video game scene. My brothers have more game consoles then I care to even think about. I don't understand the point of most video games.

Sure I'm a fan of the original Mario or Mario 3. Really all things original Nintendo are good games in my book. Then there is the exception. MarioKart, originally for the Nintendo 64, and now available on the GameCube and various other Nintendo consoles. It is a popular one in my house, so popular that even my mom loves it. She take any opportunity she can to play this game. Whenever I can't find her, I know exactly where to look.

Well recently a new game has snuck its way into our house, and has taken over as a favorite in the eyes of my brothers. To them, it's the greatest game ever. You readers may have heard of it. It's called Guitar Hero. A game that I completely stink at. I think the most amusing part is they actually think they are guitar players because they can play, but that's why I love them.

Well like I said, MarioKart is my mom's game. Well imagine my surprise when I was home a few weeks ago. I went upstairs to go to bed, and my mom was playing Guitar Hero, in the dark, at one in the morning!!!!!!!

What has this world come to? Everything I've ever known, has been completely turned inside out and upside down. My mom, too, has joined this crazy trend!

I'm not sure what to believe anymore...

1 comment:

leslie said...

i like to brag that my brother is responsible for the guitar hero craze in m2.