Friday, March 2, 2007

In the Zone

Two posts in one day? Crazy, I know.

So I wanted to write about a theory I've been told about. Not really sure what my real thoughts on this theory are, but I thought I would just write about it, regardless of whether or not it's a proven fact.

So as we grow up, things we once knew change. When we were little boys and girls were all equal. As we grew from childhood to adolescence, we began to notice that members of the opposite sex, really are different. Other than the obvious physical differences, we also saw that men and women have completely different character traits. Well that difference and that innate desire for companionship draws us to want to know them more, and then maybe even date, court, and dare I say marry.

Now, before you get to drawing any conclusions, this is not about me wanting to date or needing to get married, because I am not so desperate as to plea to my adoring fans on my blog. This is all just observation and thoughts in my head.

So back to the point. When we start to become friends with members of the opposite sex, all the rules change. They just don't roll the same way. Friendships with members of the opposite sex can lead to so many more possibilities.

So this leads me to the theory spoken of earlier in the post.

THE FRIEND ZONE.



In this crazy world of guys and girls, you have the opportunity of dating. It is my personal belief that you should become friends with a person before deciding to jump into a relationship with them. If you aren't friends, how will anything last? So some people have suggested that when you become to good of friends with a person, you are crossing an invisible line into "The Friend Zone". Once you've crossed that line, there is no turning back.

In the past, I've been accused of entering this zone and hence have had this on my mind.

So my questions, for you, are:
Does "The Friend Zone" really exist?
If so, at what point, do you enter it?
and lastly,
It is possible to get out of it?

Signed-inquisitive mind

4 comments:

leslie said...

well, yeah, it exists, but it goes both ways. and on top of that... we shouldn't think of the world as having only two types of relationships available to us: friendship and romance. there are all kinds of in-between relationships and we should enjoy every step along the way- and each friendship that in its own way is so unique for us.

i know i'm sort of sidestepping the question but it's because everyone has a reason in what they do. on my mission this one elder would call me "cutie" and i asked another elder what he thought about it. the first elder was known to be a very silly elder and could very well mean nothing by it. the second elder said, true, but regardless everyone has a meaning for what they do.

it isn't like that is such a profound statement, but i bring it up anyway because in a weird way i am trying to answer your last question- i think that yes you can get out of it if you want to- nothing is ever for sure. something like our relationships with people change all the time. even my relationship with my mom for example changes all the time. it is never going to be set in stone for good.

Ms.LMC said...

Touche my Iggy, my Jiminy Cricket friend!

I agree there are more than two types of re.

Thanks for the deep thoughts. Never has such a serious comment been posted here.

We should celebrate with Post-its! Regardless of your opinion.

Ms.LMC said...

so i just realized i never finished a sentence.

it should have read:

I agree there are more than two types of relationships. Shame on me for generalizing.

leslie said...

generalize once, shame on you. generalize twice, shame on me.