Thursday, November 29, 2007

Dale and Anna

This is what I've titled my day and evening yesterday. It brings many fond memories. This post will shift gears a bit half way through, so hang on tight.

First, yesterday it was just my boss and me at work. She was talking about taking the office out for dinner for Christmas. She basically told me it was up to me whether we would go during the day for a nice lunch or go at dinner.

Why is this my choice? Being the only single person in the office, if we go to lunch, it will be me and the girls. If we go to dinner, it will be, me, the girls, and their husbands. Usually I don't mind being single, but for some reason, I feel like an outcast at work.

Here is how our last conversation at dinner went. (At least there weren't husbands there this time)

Boss: So LC are you dating anyone.
LC: No
Boss: Any potentials
LC: No
Boss: Where do you go to meet people?
LC: You know, here and there
...... a little later after dinner, walking on the streets of Philly.
Boss: Mitt Romney converted his wife. Maybe you need to find someone and convert them.

Geez! I get more pressure from my nonmember work people, then my member people. And if any of you reading don't understand what I mean by that. I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We feel very strongly about marriage, and often times in our culture, young single adults talk a lot about marriage. Well for me, it's just the opposite.

Now going into second gear.

I was hanging out with my friend Iggy last night. First I'm grateful because she let me use her shower. I don't normally ask people to use their showers, this was a special case.

After showering we headed out for some grub. After picking out a pinata for Axel,we head to the Library of Congress.

You might ask what we were going there for. This quite frankly is none of your business. We had things to do you know.

So we get there, and find out the doors are locked. It seemed like all hope was lost, until we found this:


Can't tell what it is? Take a bit closer:



Clearly this say: LC and Congressional Staff. Once we realized I had access to the building, we let the guards know I was there, and we went about our business. We got many pictures inside, but if Big Brother were watching, I would be in big trouble, so we'll just leave it at that.

All in all it was a rousing good time. Bless you Dale and Anna Day! And I hope we can all have a Dale and Anna Day everyday!

*2nd have no fear I will get to my tags, and I'm sorry for the horrible photo quality.