Monday, November 5, 2007

Feel Good Weekend

So these are some of the highlights of my weekend.

Friday night we had a Relief Society activity- I think it was a very good bonding experience for all of us, and I really enjoy spending time with everyone.

Saturday-Up at the crack of dawn for a YUMMY breakfast. Then we headed up to the DC Temple to help put up the Christmas lights. In all my years, I've never been up there to help. It was a rousing good time. My friend and I were in a group of people we didn't know. It turned out to be quite a bonding experience. After our set of lights did not work, we got the guy that was in charge. He basically told us that it was our fault, and this had never happened in the history of putting up the lights. Despite our circumstance, we had a good time. Who can complain about free lunch, listening to beautiful carols, and finding the nativity camel. (And believe me, as soon as I get a hold of those pictures, it's going up.)

Saturday afternoon I went to the Temple with a couple of girls from my ward.

Then that evening, I went for a run with my mother. I am now more comfortable with my ability to run the race in two and a half weeks.

Sunday-What a fantastic day! It was beautiful weather. Three four and half to five hours I was at church were really good. I really enjoyed them. And Sunday evening, I went with some of my family to the Temple Visitor's center to watch a fireside with the 5 Browns.

All in all, it was good weekend, and it's apt to be a good week as well. I've got a few things on tap that I'm really looking forward too.

2 comments:

leslie said...

Those Browns are kind of creepy looking, in a Christina Ricci way.

I'm so proud you're running! Carly and I went running in M-town on Saturday, I'm surprised we didn't cross paths.

Julie said...

I was going to see the 5 Browns. Instead I went to a crazy Romanian party wherein I sat upon the lap of a French gentleman and he and his Romanian buddy sang to me. So...that was awkward.