Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Today I Did My Civic Duty and Got an Admirer


So I got up way too early for my liking this morning so I could make it over to the polls before work, otherwise I wasn't going to make it.

My hope was that because I got an earlier start, traffic would be kinder. Well, no such luck. Because of the rain, it was the same as usual. However, as I was driving, I noticed this car on my left. There was a guy leaning forward giving me the thumbs up sign. I smiled, and kept driving hoping to avoid him.

Now, it's starting to get colder, and so I have my heat on in the morning, but I still like my windows cracked. So I had the music going, windows down, and heat blasting. Then out of no where, the guy is on my left. He has his window down. He tells me I'm beautiful. I had to chuckle a bit and continue driving.

Needless to say, the rest of my ride involved trying to avoid this guy even if it meant having a huge gap between the me and the car in front of me. Though I've often thought if it weren't so creepy, traffic would be a great place to meet people.

So even if it was a bit creepy, it did make me feel good this morning, but I'm glad the man didn't try and follow me to work....

1 comment:

leslie said...

wait, you AVOID guys that tell you you're beautiful? maybe i have had it all wrong...