Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween Bandwagon

I wanted to jump on that wagon and tell about my Halloween. It's the in thing right now.

So I got home right as the sun was barely going down. This is a big milestone because very rarely do I get home and still have the joys of sunlight...well at least in the past few weeks.

So my friend's been training for a marathon. I too have been training, only for much smaller pursuits. In a few weeks I'm going to run a 5K with my mom and dad. This is kind of big deal for me because I've never run a race before.

So the days when I run, it's usually later at night around 9 or 10. I go running with my mom, and our neighborhood is set up in a way that allows it to be a makeshift track.

I got home on Halloween, with hopes that I would be able to run earlier. The night before, my mom and I ran at 7:00PM, and I loved this. Let me also add that running on Wednesday is always more difficult because my mom go plays basketball and doesn't go running, and it's not so safe for me to be skipping around the neighborhood alone at night. In my head I thought this would be the perfect night because the place would be filled with people.

So that's what I did. Also, take in mind I like my night running because no one can see me. But I let go of my issues and just ran my little heart out. I was as much as neighborhood attraction as anything else. It was a rousing good time. One man in a wolf man mask even came running with me for a bit. He was a bit creepy, but harmless....I hope.

After the run, I sat and gave out candy with my little brother. Our Chinese next door neighbors gave us some strange cupcakes and moon pies. (They're always giving us weird things)

Then the night just got a little strange. A hay ride came through down our street. (Hay rides are not a regular occurrence on my street) My mom and I were pretty sure they were some sort of recruiting group trying to get children to join their group named "Children of the Corn." I will have to explain this part at another time.

And my favorite part of the evening was the two people sitting across the street. They were not giving out candy, but sitting there with a bottle in a bag between the two of them, drinking. As people came to their house, they would shout we don't have any candy. Maybe next year I will sit out drunk on the porch telling people that we don't have any candy, but I thought I would sit out here to make people think I had candy.....yeah that's what I'll do.

No comments: