Thursday, November 15, 2007

Reflections

Last week, at lunch, my coworker, boss, and I were talking about about college, and the the conversation came to what we would do over again, and what classes we would take and which ones we wouldn't.

The conversation really got my mind thinking about life. It's so funny how hindsight is 20/20. I've been reflecting back to lots of moments in my life. I understand that I can't change the past, and I don't know that I would really want to. Things that have happened in my life have made me who I am today, the good and the bad. Though this is true, it's been running through my mind a lot. I've played back situations. I admit, I've done some pretty dumb things in my life, but there are some great things too. As I've contemplated over those dumb moments, I've realized that I don't think I would change any of them, except possibly one.

This moments has been one that will still haunt me occasionally, to this day. I don't think about it regularly, but when I do I wish I could do it all over again. I don't know if doing it all over again would change any of the course of events of my life (though if you watch Back to the Future, you will realize even these little things can change the future, especially if you see your past or future self. This will affect the Space Time Continuum.) It's quite possible that things could be different if this moment were to change, which is not what I really want to happen because as I said everything to this point has made me what and who I am. However, I would like to change that one moment.

I'm fully aware that I can't, but but it's nice to think that I would've done something different. Blast you hindsight and your 20/20 vision!

4 comments:

2nd said...

You're too good, I totally have stuff I'd do differently.

Ms.LMC said...

Oh, believe me, I've done plenty of dumb, ridiculous, stupid things, but hey isn't that what repentance is for!

leslie said...

if you read The Time Traveler's Wife, you'll learn that everything is inevitable. if you read Slaughterhouse-Five, you'll learn that everything happens simultaneously and time is an illusion to the weak vision of us earthlings. if you read Catcher in the Rye, well, it has nothing to do with time travel but it is an excellent book.

Ms.LMC said...

Iggy, I think you're forgetting one important detail...I'm illiterate.
Yes folks it's true. I actually get someone to type my posts for me. It's a weakness of my mine, but because of my other super cool powers, I've been able to get away with it.